Intractable answers to life's simple questions.

Monday, February 4, 2008

DEFIANCE In The Face Of CRUSHING LONELINESS

I realised something. That everything I did today - and every other day - is in the quest to be loved. To have love.
The jobs I have had, the friends I keep, the money I have spent and coveted, the places I've travelled and every single other action of my life is an effort to be loved more. To continue to be loved. Yet in every way I have ever been active in my own life is also a reminder of the crushing loneliness of experience.

1 comment:

Me said...

Is there benefit in seeing life as being "drive by the need (or desperate need) to be loved???

In a "philosophy 101" course writing a mid-term essay, well maybe! But in the search for meaning and even more importantly, for happiness and contentment, I think it a futile waste - in your case tiger, just plain stupidity.

As for the "crushing loneliness" - when one is hiding inside the mind there is only fear. Love comes from the heart.