Intractable answers to life's simple questions.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The first rule of Fight Club...

I've fucked every relationship I've ever had. Each of them could be qualified. Like Anti-Tyler to Marla as the back of his head is hanging by a thin strip of skin and Y2K is being hastened with homemade explosives - "You met me at a very strange time in my life".
But that's bullshit. It doesn't get any clearer, any more sure, any less strange.
I've been reciting in my head the lines I've given - the "reasons" - from over the years. Somethimes I can't remember, but I can guess.
  • I don't need a mother I need a lover (because, heaven forbid, someone cares).
  • It's just moving too fast (by my decree).
  • I just don't feel like you understand me (or at least the version of me I'm citing now for the purposes of this excuse).
  • I'm at a place where I need to focus on me (but actually need to get out of my own head).
Blah blah blash etcetera you know the drill...
Petrified.

No comments: