Intractable answers to life's simple questions.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Most Definitely



The Beethoven of the spoken word. The Picasso of rap. The Brando of hip hop. This is the humble face of the most talented recording artist of the last 15 years. Every genre. Flat.

I can't make you listen to music you don't want to listen to. Only despots and school principals have that power. But if I could, I'd jam a boot in your mouth, gaff some headphones on your scone and play this man's catalogue. And you would see a light. Maybe not the light, but there would definitely some sort of illuminatory process.

Mos Def, I salute you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it when people gaff stuff on my scone. Once somebody gaffed the Yellow Pages to my scone and I liked it. Once somebody gaffed a mango lassie to my head and I also liked it.