Intractable answers to life's simple questions.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

In-seamed whimsy


I have only ever owned two suits in my life - one for my year 10 formal and the other for my year 12 formal. Both times I made a mockery of the tailoring profession with how I filled out those patches of cloth.

I had cause to rent a suit once since then, at the beautiful summer wedding of two of my best friends. The beautiful but swelteringly hot wedding of two of my best friends. My squirming through the sweat did no justice to the snappy cut and fancy weave.

For some reason now, for the first time in my life, I want to own a suit. I want an occasion to own a suit. Several occasions to make it worthwhile.

Unfortunately I think I have maybe a three month window between being grown up enough to want a suit and still having any kind of shape to wear one with style. I'd better get cracking. Any ideas appreciated...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely try to get a nice one and definitely don't get one that will make you look stupid or similar to a hamster.

Trent said...

You think that suave cat looks like a hamster? Cats HATE hamsters.
Although looking at it. Yeah...point taken.