Intractable answers to life's simple questions.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jonesing for some joy


Now, I realise basketball isn't for everyone. God knows given my Jekyll/Hyde affliction I understand the aversion to competitive sport in general. But I implore, nay vehemently urge, every one with a zest for life to have a look at even a single one of the podcasts put together by a trio of Canuck chaps under the moniker The Basketball Jones.

The fact that the name of the show is a reference to a dodgy Cheech and Chong "comedy" record is alone testimony to their awesomeness.

But these guys, five days a week during the eight or nine months of the US NBA season, haul their asses out of bed into the Canadian frost to deliver twenty odd minutes of analysis, mockery and musings on happenings in the league.

How three guys not getting paid to do this can have so much fun is beyond me. Even further beyond me is how much I wish I was doing exactly the same thing. Just downright revelry in what they love.


And - as they say on the show - embrace the day, people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello T-buster. What do you think of this? http://www.happiness-project.com

It might be really awful but, to my surprise, i find i'm not actually SURE if it's really awful. Discuss.